Development stack require some base software that need to be installed.
Docker or podman
Platform dependencies in development are deployed through container management, so you need to install a container stack.
We currently support docker and postman.
Docker Desktop from - https://docs.docker.com/desktop/install/windows-install/
- Install new version of - https://docs.microsoft.com/windows/wsl/wsl2-kernel. This will require a reboot.
- Shell out to CMD as Administrator and run the following powershell command:
wsl --set-default-version 2
- Reboot computer and continue to next step
- Load Docker Application
- NOTE DOCKER LICENSE - You are agreeing to the licence for Non-commercial Open Source Project use. OpenCTI is Open Source and the version you would be possibly contributing to enhancing is the unpaid non-commercial/non-enterprise version. If you intention is different - please consult with your organization's legal/licensing department.
- Leave Docker Desktop running
NodeJS and yarn
The platform is developed on nodejs technology, so you need to install node and the yarn package manager.
- Install NodeJS from - https://nodejs.org/download/release/v16.20.0/node-v16.20.0-x64.msi
- Select the option for installing Chocolatey on the Tools for Native Modules screen
- Will do this install for you automatically - https://chocolatey.org/packages/visualstudio2019-workload-vctools
- Includes Python 3.11.4
Shell out to CMD prompt as Administrator and install/run:
pip3 install pywin32
Configure Yarn (https://yarnpkg.com/getting-started/install)
- Open CMD as Administrator and run the following command:
For worker and connectors, a python runtime is needed. Even if you already have a python runtime installed through node installation, on windows some nodejs package will be recompiled with python and C++ runtime.
For this reason Visual Studio Build Tools is required.
- Install Visual Studio Build Tools from - https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/thank-you-downloading-visual-studio/?sku=BuildTools
- Check off Desktop Development with C++
- Run install